I like working with students of all ages but am not my best with those under 7 years. I especially enjoy working with beginners or people feeling vulnerable about singing. I am compassionate and fun, playful, bossy and knowledgeable. I love taking people on a journey from "non-singing" to a place where they are comfortable singing in front of others and enjoy joining a choir and / or performing.
Lessons are 45 minutes long and you will get the best results by committing to coming weekly.
As summertime approaches lots of lesson times are available during the day Monday - Saturday.
$60 adults per 45 mins. $40 for kids and fulltime students with ID.
Students can expect to learn:
- how to warm up your voice for safety and flexibility
- how to breathe in a powerful way for singing
- how to look after your throat
- how to use the strength in your body to support your voice
- how to be in tune
- how to relax and experience joy
- how to harmonize and hold your part
- how to create a beautiful, attractive sound
- how to improve your sense of rhythm
- how to use your voice to connect with others
- how to use your voice to express emotions in a way that touches and audience
- mic technique
- performance experience if you want (strongly encouraged)
- how to support yourself mentally to sing with confidence
- how to read music (if you’re interested)
- how to play an instrument and sing at the same time